The Overseas School of Colombo seeks highly capable students, ready to contribute to our community, excel academically, and grow personally. The scholarship program recruits principled individuals who can contribute with academic strength, critical thinking and strong leadership skills. Students earning partial or full scholarships to study at OSC provide cultural, linguistic and social diversity, exert leadership and help root our school in the Sri Lankan context.
Benefits for the students:
- Become active learners; encouraging students to understand how they learn, how they connect learning, and how they apply learning.
- Obtain a world-class education through a rigorous curriculum and a balanced array of assessment methods.
- Experience a comprehensive course of study that provides a solid base in all areas of knowledge and teaching philosophy aimed at developing a student as a whole.
- Prepare for the move to university through rigorous learning and an inquiry-based approach.
- Earn a qualification that is widely respected by universities and often leads to acceptance to competitive universities and advanced college placement.
- Engage in community service which fosters a sense of responsibility and involvement in the community.
- Gain first-hand experience of being part of an international community and of having a common bond with students all over the world.
OSC will host a Q&A session for parents and students interested in the OSC Scholarship Programme on Thursday, 12th March 2020 from 06:00 p.m. onwards in the Secondary Library. RSVP: Trisha Illangakoon at Tel: +94 11 2784920-2 | E-mail: [email protected] We hope to see you there.
The Scholarship Programme is available only to Sri Lankan nationals between the ages of 14-18 years who exhibit exceptional academic ability together with demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to contribute meaningfully to our communities. Candidates must have either completed Grade 8, G.C.E. Local O/Levels and/or the London O/Levels by December. Candidates may not be currently enrolled at OSC.
The Scholarship Award grants partial or full tuition waivers to selected students. The amount payable by Scholarship recipients for the academic year will be equivalent to what they would pay to continue their studies at their current school
Scholarships awarded are non-transferable and all monies received in payment thereof are non-refundable. The school reserves the right to cancel a scholarship offer at any time for reasons of serious misconduct or not adhering to the expected minimum level of academic performance.
Applications for the upcoming school year will be accepted between 02nd February and 15th March, 2020.
Download the OSC Scholarship Programme brochure – The Award of Scholarships 2020
For more information contact:
Admissions and Communications Officer
Tel (General): +94 11 2784920-2
Tel (Direct): +94 11 4419208
Fax: +94 11 2784999
E-mail: [email protected]