The Primary Years Programme (PYP) is for pupils aged 3 to 11, and focuses on the development of the whole child in the classroom and in the world outside. The PYP curriculum:
- Encourages international-mindedness in IB students
- Encourages a positive attitude to learning by engaging students in inquiries and developing their awareness of the process of learning so that they become lifelong learners
- Reflects real life by encouraging learning beyond the traditional subjects with meaningful, in-depth inquiries into real issues
- Emphasises, through the IB Learner Profile, the development of the whole student-physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically
- Click here to learn more about the PYP Curriculum Framework
- Click here to learn more about the PYP General Regulations
PYP subjects (units of inquiry)
In Pre-school the children study four PYP units of inquiry during the course of each year, while in all other Grades, students study six PYP units of inquiry. All units are taught in a trans-disciplinary way, incorporating all disciplines and relevant skills and concepts.
Click here for the OSC Programme of Inquiry 2017/2018.
The six main PYP subjects are:
The Primary School teachers are made up of a diverse range of nationalities with a common passion for teaching and life-long learning. Within the Primary we have a “Learning Leadership Team” comprising of a Primary Years Programme Coordinator, Primary Principal and an Upper Primary and Lower Primary Coordinator. Class teachers are ably supported by a team of Assistant Teachers.
The school day for Preschool to Kindergarten students is 07.30-13.30; Grades 1-12 continue until 14.40.