Parent update 3
UPDATE 3 – NOVEMBER 2017
- Congratulations to all our Grade 5 students for their performances in Shrek Jr. We are so proud of the valuable contributions each one of them made.
- Thank you to the support parents who arranged snacks and drinks for our students.
- A huge well done to our SAISA swimmers, Ben, Stephie and Alannah! A brilliant achievement- OSC’s first. Heartiest congratulations to Mr. Milburn for his dedication and hard work in preparing the geckos.
- We went on three wonderful field trips last month and three more on Friday! Ask your child about which trip he/she went on and how it connects to science. We had a great time visiting the six factories around Colombo and viewing production processes from natural material stage to finished product.
- In Math, we are working through our Measurement unit – in particular, Perimeter, Area and Volume. This week, we will look at Surface Area, too.
- We had a fun science practical assessment class where students determined the differences between physical and chemical changes, in ten station rotations.
- The summative experiments chosen by the students helped us understand physical and chemical changes and the procedure of writing up a lab report.
- Parents are invited to our UOI 2 debate on Friday, November 17 in the PMPR, commencing at 8am. This will showcase the learning from the factory visits.
- Congratulations to the following students who were selected for the fun athletics meet at the British School – Baijiang; Akhil; Ben; Jason; Liam; Alannah; Stephie; Zoe; Amy; Mali; Charlotte and Anais.
- We will soon move into Unit 3 – it’s all about growing up! We will learn about the changes our body experiences as we develop and grow, during puberty and other rites of passage.